- One of the most experienced media lawyers in the business.
- He undertakes a considerable amount of take down work on the internet, complaints about KYC and other such reports and pre-publication work in relation to broadcast, print and online media.
- Has a thriving commercial litigation practice suing banks and other financial institutions in particular.
- Viewed as having "a no nonsense style, gets things done and clients like him".
- Alasdair is the architect behind the firm's successful Conditional Fee Agreement ("No Win, No Fee") scheme and negotiated the ATE insurance offered with it.