- Chambers 2020 sources report he is 'extremely intelligent, diligent, responsive and a delight to work with' and that 'his practice encompasses a wide range of issues pertaining to PIL, International Sanctions and Human Rights advice'.
- Legal 500 2020 highlight Guy as an Elite Leading Lawyer for Public International Law and 'peerless in international sanctions work, with a combination of huge experience and excellent client care'. Market sources also report 'Guy Martin leaves no stone unturned; his combination of legal knowledge, political savviness and client care is second to none.'
- Spearheading Carter-Ruck's international law practice, with successes in sanctions cases for clients from all over the world. Guy is cited as a notable practitioner in public international law by the Chambers and Partners Directory and described as ‘wonderful with clients’ by the Legal 500 Directory.
- International law highlights include obtaining a landmark appeal judgment in the ECJ in favour of Yassin Abdullah Kadi; then securing the delisting of Mr Kadi by the UN Sanctions Committee in 2012 and by OFAC in 2014 after which Mr Kadi was freed from all the restrictive measures imposed upon him worldwide.
- In the media context, Guy is described by Legal 500 as a ‘star’ in his field. Guy has over 20 years' experience in media law, specifically in copyright, trademarks, breach of confidence/ privacy and other issues arising in a media context as well as general libel and reputation management work.
- Guy is a regular noted speaker at legal conferences he has presented seminars at New York University, University College London, and the International Bar Association. He has written for the Centre for International Legal Studies on Jurisdiction and Dispute Resolution.