Commercial Litigation and Arbitration
Carter-Ruck is renowned for its excellent track record in complex, high-value litigation and arbitration
We are responsive to our clients’ needs and the complexities of the case and will structure the team to meet those needs. Our strength in reputation management gives us unrivalled experience of dealing with media scrutiny that may come with litigation and of working with our clients’ PR and Communications advisers. We are frequently called on to coordinate litigation in courts around the world.
Our team handles a wide variety of complex litigation and arbitration spanning heavyweight commercial disputes, banking litigation, IP claims and high-value employment claims. We represent clients in all divisions of the English courts, the European Court of Justice and various arbitral tribunals.
As well as running cases in every division of the High Court (including the Commercial Court), Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court, we have taken cases to the European Court of Justice and we regularly conduct commercial arbitrations before tribunals including the LCIA, ICC, ICSID and others.
Our Specialist Services
- Breach of contract
- Shareholder and partnership disputes
- Banking and financial services claims
- Professional negligence
- Breach of confidence
- International arbitration
- Intellectual property
Our cases are conducted by small, partner-led teams so our clients get the very highest standard of service. The partners are ready to take full control of each case, involving themselves in every step of its progress and maintaining regular contact with the client at every stage.
- Investment funds
- Multinational corporations and individual directors
- FTSE 100 companies
- Professional services firms
- High net worth individuals and business persons
- Private and family offices
- Private healthcare corporations
- Representing a FTSE 100 company in a major Commercial Court dispute over a multi-million pound contract
- Professional negligence claim against City solicitors
- Representing an UHNW businessman with interests in a group of companies in the energy sector
24/7 Partner-led Crisis Response
We have a 24-hour, 365 days of the year crisis management response team – one of our specialist partners is always available to respond to urgent crises at any time.