- Alasdair is ranked in the key Legal Directories, Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners.
- ‘He's a veteran in this field and nothing gets past him - he can spot a needle in a haystack and pull it out with laser-sharp precision.’
- ‘One of the most experienced media lawyers in the business.’
- ‘Well regarded for his media practice and has particular expertise in pre-publication work. He acts for a variety of high-profile clients, ranging from politicians and Royals to businesspeople’
- He undertakes a considerable amount of take down work on the internet, complaints about KYC and other such reports and pre-publication work in relation to broadcast, print and online media.
- ‘Has a thriving commercial litigation practice suing banks and other financial institutions in particular.’
- Viewed as having ‘a no nonsense style, gets things done and clients like him’.
- Alasdair is the architect behind the firm's successful Conditional Fee Agreement (‘No Win, No Fee’) scheme and negotiated the ATE insurance offered with it.
- Chambers & Partners 2018 report that according to an impressed market source, ‘Alasdair Pepper is incredibly bright and leaves no potential avenue uninvestigated and has a significant libel and privacy practice providing both pre and post-publication advice to clients.’
- Chambers & Partners comment that ‘Alasdair is a stalwart of the media law sector and is always a voice of authority on often complex cases.’