- Nigel is one of only two "star individuals" to feature in the Defamation and Reputation Management section of the Chambers and Partners Client’s Guide to Solicitors.
- Chambers HNW reports that Nigel Tait is seen as 'a figurehead in this area' and 'certainly a name that attracts the wealthiest and most high-profile high net worth clients.' His vaunted status in the market for his track record handling defamation and privacy issues is recognised, with one senior barrister enthusing that 'he is a phenomenal lawyer who has occupied this niche ground for a long time.'
- Nigel was awarded the accolade of Lawyer of the year, 2018, for Reputation and Defamation at the Spear’s Wealth Management Awards in November 2018.
- Chambers HNW 2019 reports that fellow defamation lawyers comment 'he is a very high-profile figure in this world…he has acted for some of the biggest celebrities and businessmen over the years and has had some huge successes representing them'.
- Chambers HNW 2020 reports that Nigel is praised as 'one of the best defamation lawyers going.'
- Nigel has recovered tens of millions of pounds in damages for clients in commercial and financial litigation involving claims for negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of trust, breach of contract and financial mis-selling.
- Notable clients include Sir Elton John, Simon Cowell, Tesco, Bryan Adams, Liam Gallagher, James Blunt, Frank Warren and Frank Bruno.
- Industry peers comment '…he is an outstanding lawyer. He is very experienced; there is nothing that he hasn't seen before, he knows the law inside and out and he has good judgement.' (Chambers HNW 2020)
- 'Nigel Tait has extensive legal knowledge coupled with astute tactical sense...[and] is hugely experienced, able, likeable and savvy. ' (Legal 500, 2020)
- Sources report to Chambers HNW that: '[Nigel] is very good at assessing the issues and following through. He shows no fear, and he will get through the complexities of a case.' (Chambers HNW 2020)
- He has the gravitas to handle difficult clients.' [and] 'He absolutely knows what he is doing.' (Chambers HNW 2020)
- Described by Commercial Lawyer as ‘efficient, proficient and one of the most experienced in the business.’
- Nigel was awarded the accolade of Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year 2018 for Defamation (London).