Amber is a solicitor practising in media and international law.
Amber’s international law practice focuses on international arbitration where she has assisted on a complex claim under the ICSID rules, public international law and human rights. Her experience in international dispute resolution involves multi-jurisdictional claims.
Amber’s media law practice encompasses reputation management claims relating to defamation, misuse of private information and data protection for private individuals, high net worth clients and companies. She has experience working in both pre- and post-publication scenarios in relation to both national and international press inquiries and publications.
Amber obtained her BA in English Literature at the University of Bristol before completing a Graduate Diploma in Law at the University of Law, London and the Legal Practice Course at BPP University, London. She has also completed professional courses in Public International Law.
Amber is a keen contributor to International and Media Law issues
- European Investment Law and Arbitration Review – Micula v Romania: a saga of lasting significance (publication date December 2021)
- The Second Impeachment: Was it worth it?
- TikTok – legal concerns over fast-growing video app
- Amber is a member of the team representing Al Jazeera Media Network in its ICSID arbitration proceedings against the Arab Republic of Egypt under the 1999 Bilateral Investment Treaty between Qatar and Egypt
- She also works with the team representing Al Jazeera Media Network in relation to a range of media and regulatory matters
- Amber is a member of the team representing the beIN Media Group, one of the largest sports and entertainment broadcasting networks in the world, on a number of media matters