Persephone specialises in media and reputation management work, encompassing defamation, privacy and harassment, together with data protection and intellectual property litigation.
She advises on reputation management matters for celebrity, high-profile and ultra and high net worth individuals, including misuse of private information and harassment. Increasingly this work involves social media and online harms.
Persephone also works on both pre-publication and post-publication matters against a variety of news publishers in a wide variety of divergent subject areas including entertainment, politics, healthcare, and anti-terrorism.
She has experience of “Right to be Forgotten” cases concerning the removal of information online, and the Data Protection Act 2018 and UK GDPR and the interplay between these and general reputation management matters.
Persephone’s litigation experience has also included breach of confidence and trade secrets disputes, including cases involving aspects of corporate fraud.
- Legal 500 report Persephone is ‘Outstanding and part of a formidable team’
- Spears Wealth Insight 2021 – panel member ‘Modern families – and the future of HNW divorce’
- Chambers 2021 report “she is superb… ‘She’s just excellent in this field”…”highly professional and very client-focused’
- Spears Reputation Management 2021 – Recommended lawyer in the Best Reputation Lawyers list
- Chambers 2020 legal directory reports ‘Persephone Bridgman Baker is an “impressive” litigator recommended for her work for claimants and defendants in defamation, misuse of private information and harassment cases’
- She is highlighted as a Rising Star in Spears Wealth Reputation Management 2018 and 2019.
Persephone regularly provides expert commentary for publications and news programmes.
- Radio 4 “The Media Show”: in November 2020 providing her insight on the Johnny Depp libel ruling.
- The Times – Persephone and Nigel provide their legal perspective following the Mumsnet case ordering the popular forum to disclose personal details of an anonymous user who posted allegedly defamatory content about transgender activist Stephanie Hayden.
- The Law Society Gazette – Featured in the ‘Lawyer in the News’ following the firm’s representation of the Labour MP and Shadow Justice Secretary Richard Burgon in his successful libel case against the Sun.
- BBC News – Interview with BBC journalist Huw Edwards providing her legal analysis on the the Cliff Richards privacy case and subsequent judgment.
- Legal Week – Following a series of various high profile scandals, where NDAs have received negative press, Persephone shares her thoughts with Legal Week on why we must not allow cases like Weinstein and Green to create an atmosphere in which the existence of an NDA implies evidence of guilt.
- LawInSport – Is Press Coverage Protected By Parliamentary Privilege? Persephone surveys the law following the issue raised by Sir Bradley Wiggins when he responded to what he called ‘malicious’ allegations.
- PR Week – Persephone explains copyright law relating to advertising in PR Week.
- Inforrm’s Blog – Case commentary on the libel claim case of Serafin v. Malkiewicz.